[sylpheed:36871] Search on Imap Server

Jules tao_loomchild at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 10 05:44:38 JST 2019

Dear all,

When I try to search for a word within the body of emails contained inside a folder on my IMAP email account using Sylpheed 3.7.0, the program does not seem to run the search directly on the server (even though the IMAP server itself is capable of doing so whenever I use other email clients like Alpine or Thunderbird) but proceeds to downloading all the emails while(before?) performing the search.

It is my understanding that the search command is defined by RFC 3501 [ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3501.txt] and RFC 5032 [ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc5032.txt].

Do any of you know if such a feature is implemented in current Sylpheed versions? Is there an option to turn it on or off?

Thank you very much in advance,

Tao