[sylpheed:36785] Re: address book buggy

Christoph K. christoph at kobenetz.de
Fri Apr 5 01:20:21 JST 2019

I agree with Gene.

The same happened to me a couple of times, it's pretty annoying to enter
some data, press "ok" and then it's lost.

I suggest to change the behaviour of the email entry dialog in the
following manner:

Whenever a user enters some data in the input fields at the bottom and
hits the "ok"-button, sylpheed should behave as if the user did
actually push the "add" button. This should solve the problem and the
implementation seems rather simple to me:
On press of "Ok"-Button, check if there is data in the fields,
if yes, add it to the list (or modify a record which has been selected
before).

By the way I also use Sylpheed 3.5.1 – it's the one that ships with
debian stable and it runs perfectly stable on my system. At least the
functionality that I use.

Best regards,
Christoph