[sylpheed:36750] Re: Self-created message appears with (No Date)

Javier sylfiger at gmx.com
Sat Oct 20 03:59:19 JST 2018

On Fri, 19 Oct 2018 13:03:20 -0300
John Coppens <john at jcoppens.com> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me which date Sylpheed is looking for?

Hi,

any mail client will look to the standard "Date: " header.

For further details, header format:

Date format:

Taking this same mail you sent to the mailing list as example, it
must look like:
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 13:03:20 -0300

Despite how Sylpheed converts to your local time in the mail list
(regional/country/UTC zone).

As the RFC tells (must means mandatory):
"A date-time specification MUST be semantically valid."
[with what the links above tell to you]

The other dates you see would be the appended by intermediate mail
relayers, as you don't give (privacy sanitized) samples we can't tell.

I don't use/know python, but just look at the bottom (web) example in
the manual to see how to use it.

Regards.