[sylpheed:36749] Self-created message appears with (No Date)

John Coppens john at jcoppens.com
Sat Oct 20 01:03:20 JST 2018

Hello all.

Since quite some time, I have a remote Python program which sends me
automatically sends me logs using the Python standard libraries smtplib
and email.mime.text.

I noticed that the mails arrive here with (No Date) in the Date column.

I'm basically using the basic functionaly of the libraries (as from the
examples). I checked the mails' source, and they are actually full of
dates. I have no idea which date is actually used in Sylpheed.

Also, I checked library manuals, and could find no mention of the
need to include a date explicitely.

Can anyone tell me which date Sylpheed is looking for?

John