[sylpheed:36694] Re: delay or extra cause for 'dead display update / no reaction' time

Mertens Maatwerk rien at mertensmaatwerk.nl
Thu Mar 15 03:48:16 JST 2018

On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 22:38:07 +0100
Javier <sylfiger at gmx.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Mar 2018 20:53:01 +0100
> Mertens Maatwerk <rien at mertensmaatwerk.nl> wrote:
> > I did find the place to change the SSL time-out and made it 8 seconds.
>
> Have in mind that the timeout value in the settings are for sockets
> timeouts. In other words, time to wait for the server to answer.
>
> In this case you post, is not happening that. What happened is that
> your system or Google closed the socket. So, when Sylpheed sent a
> NOOP to keep the session alive, there wasn't any actual communication
> established so the connection was reset and automatically reconnects
> to recover it.
>
> Is not as when it gets stuck, that there is a connection but the
> server just doesn't reply.
> >
> > I do not know yet if the new account with the xs4all server gives errors too.
>

> So, do we understand that, this time, Sylpheed didn't get stuck?
> Or in that session Sylpheed hang for a while again?

I am not certain if it was taking a long that time or another time.

I will try to record the actual time of the computer clock as soon as it seems stuck again, and have a look at the log after that happened.

Rien Mertens                   rien at mertensmaatwerk.nl
Mertens Maatwerk
Tweeberg 1A, 5246XL Rosmalen   KvKnmr:        50305980
T:+31 (0)73 641 5517           BTWnmr:  NL093370374B01