[sylpheed:36622] Re: Where Are Folder Properties Stored?

Craig freecycle01 at pisquared.net
Sat Sep 9 05:41:49 JST 2017

On Fri, 8 Sep 2017 14:28:36 -0600 Gene Goldenfeld <genegold at fastmail.com>
wrote:

> > BTW, I just realized that Gene gave me the folder (directory) in which
> > Sylpheed resides on Windows, but not the name of the file which has
> > the information.
>
> What exactly are you looking for? Roaming is where the many of
> the settings files and the folders and emails are (I assumed the XML
> files might be what you are looking for).

I was asking which settings file contained the information of an account
associate with a folder.

I think I have discovered the answer to my question:

The information on which account is associated with which folder is in
folderlist.xml and is the Account: number in the file accountrc.

I was looking for the name of the account, not the number, and thus could
not find it. BTW, .xml files are strange to read ...

> I will admit, though, that I don't know what "Compose Account property
> set on a number of my folders" means.

That only has relevance if you have more than one account. Which means,
of course, that Hiroyuki has done a lot of thinking about this!

> The only other place I can imagine to look is the registry.

That's Windows-specific. The information in Sylpheed has to be stored in
one of Sylpheed's files, since it works on Linux, too.

Craig