[sylpheed:36620] Re: Where Are Folder Properties Stored?

Craig freecycle01 at pisquared.net
Sat Sep 9 04:24:23 JST 2017

On Fri, 8 Sep 2017 12:13:15 -0700 Alan Ianson <alanians at telus.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 8 Sep 2017 13:07:35 -0600
> Craig <freecycle01 at pisquared.net> wrote:
>
> > Thank you, Gene, for the information for Windows.
> >
> > Does anyone know where it is in Linux?
>
> On my box my mail is stored in ~/Mail and Sylpheed stores it's
> configuration files in ~/sylpheed-2.0. Are those the folder you are
> asking about?

I have folders (directories) I have added under ~/Mail and filter emails
into some of them as appropriate. When I go to a folder to reply to an
email, I want to have the correct email address automatically set as the
"From". I do that by right-clicking on the folder name, dragging down to
and clicking on "Properties" at the bottom. At that point, a "Folder
Properties" window appears. I click on the tab "Compose" and select which
of my 33 accounts I want to have as the sender.

In looking at ~/.sylpheed-2.0, I cannot find which file contains the
information.

Or is it in the sylpheed_cache and/or .sylpheed_mark files?

BTW, I just realized that Gene gave me the folder (directory) in which
Sylpheed resides on Windows, but not the name of the file which has the
information.

Craig