[sylpheed:36632] Re: Sylpheed and high CPU usage in some folders

Rien Mertens rien at mertensmaatwerk.nl
Sat Oct 21 21:56:10 JST 2017

On Sat, 21 Oct 2017 12:14:20 +0200
Antonio Ospite <ao2 at ao2.it> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It's a week or so that Sylpheed 3.6.0 on my Debian unstable machine
> takes a lot of CPU when exploring some folders with a lot of messages.

I am using Sylpheed 3.5.0 and I am seeing some large delays when reading my mails.
Might this be caused be the same issue, and can I help finding some information to help if possible? i am not into programming and using logging stuff at all, but maybe I can still try some simple tests to see what happens.

What I can remember is that the delay starts when i try to MOVE a message I just read from the INBOX to some other map I made to store messages belonging to the 'group' I keep them in to find them back myself if needed.

So my INBOX should be 'cleaned' by moving all read mail to other maps.

That is how I THINK it works, but I might be wrong!

I use IMAP with Google as the IMAP source from a mail that is redirected to a paid Google mail account from my sun as a separate mail 'user' or whatever that is named.

p.s.
> A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
>    See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style
> Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?

I agree ;-)

Rien Mertens                       rien at mertensmaatwerk.nl
Mertens Maatwerk
5246XL Rosmalen              KvKnmr:      50305980
T:+31 (0)73 641 5517         BTWnmr:    NL093370374B01