[sylpheed:36638] Re: Sylpheed and high CPU usage in some folders

Antonio Ospite ao2 at ao2.it
Thu Nov 2 00:41:05 JST 2017

On Sat, 21 Oct 2017 14:56:10 +0200
Rien Mertens <rien at mertensmaatwerk.nl> wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Oct 2017 12:14:20 +0200
> Antonio Ospite <ao2 at ao2.it> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > It's a week or so that Sylpheed 3.6.0 on my Debian unstable machine
> > takes a lot of CPU when exploring some folders with a lot of
> > messages.
>
> I am using Sylpheed 3.5.0 and I am seeing some large delays when
> reading my mails.  Might this be caused be the same issue, and can
> I help finding some information to help if possible? i am not into
> programming and using logging stuff at all, but maybe I can still try
> some simple tests to see what happens.
>
> What I can remember is that the delay starts when i try to MOVE
> a message I just read from the INBOX to some other map I made to store
> messages belonging to the 'group' I keep them in to find them back
> myself if needed.

My issue is local, not network related, so I don't know how you could
verify with an IMAP account that we are actually facing the same issue.

Try in off-line mode maybe.

BTW I would also be useful if you could replicate my problem by
following the instructions at the end of my previous message.

As I said, I am not sure we are experiencing the same issue but having
a confirmation for my high CPU usage problem would be great regardless.

Thanks,
   Antonio

--
Antonio Ospite