[sylpheed:36585] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Sylpheed 3.6beta1 released

Till Kolditz till.kolditz at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 18:21:20 JST 2017

Hi,

on Ubuntu 16.04.2 I simply used "git svn" (git version 2.7.4) to clone from SVN into a GIT repo.
The actual command is just:

$ git svn clone -s svn://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/sylpheed/trunk

This will import the complete history including all branches and tags when there are any present.
"-s" makes git-svn assume "standard SVN layout" with "trunk", "branches" and "tags" folders having their special
meaning. Please consult git help on the actual syntax (git help svn)

Note: The above will create a folder "sylpheed" for you (in the current working directory) and git-svn clone into that
one then. To use a different folder you can also do
$ git svn clone -s svn://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/sylpheed/trunk <targetfolder>
or
$ mkdir <targetfolder>
$ cd <targetfolder>
$ git svn init -s svn://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/sylpheed/trunk
$ git svn fetch

Best,
Till

--