[sylpheed:36578] Re: new installed sylpheed 3.5.0beta1 (Build 1161) does not download mail?

Rien Mertens rien at mertensmaatwerk.nl
Wed Jun 14 16:41:31 JST 2017

On Tue, 13 Jun 2017 21:40:26 +0200
richard lucassen <mailinglists at lucassen.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jun 2017 21:02:29 +0200
> Rien Mertens <rien at mertensmaatwerk.nl> wrote:
>
> > I had to choose Dutch during install time, allthough I don't
> > recognise the 'dutch' it produces very much ;-)
>
> Uitvoeren van dochterproces "curl" is mislukt (Bestand of map bestaat
> niet)
>
> Well, I'd say this sounds rather the Dutchy :)

Yes this is, but lots of translations are not recognised by me. I am used to english for computer things.

> > It was not installed on my Debian xxx
> > I don't know how to see what version I have...
>
> In an xterm:
>
> $ curl --version

I meant the Debian version.

> > Thanks for the hint!
>
> So it's working now?

Yes. It was working after aplying 'account lijst verversen' (refresh account list)

Curl installation added the functionality for new versions of Sylpheed.
I followed the suggestion to update, but it only points to the (japanese) website.
I found the english button, but did not see how to UPDATE the existing Sylpheed.

The first installed version just worked for me, but the source for 3.5.1 I don't get build yet.
This Debian installation is fresh and incomplete it seems to mis the GTK+ 2 even after several attempts to fix this ommission.

I got this far:

checking for GTK+ - version >= 2.8.0... Package gtk+-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk+-2.0.pc'
No package 'gtk+-2.0' found
no
*** Could not run GTK+ test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK+ is incorrectly installed.
configure: error: Test for Gtk failed. See the 'INSTALL' for help.

--
Rien Mertens <rien at mertensmaatwerk.nl>
Mertens Maatwerk