[sylpheed:36576] Re: new installed sylpheed 3.5.0beta1 (Build 1161) does not download mail?

Rien Mertens rien at mertensmaatwerk.nl
Wed Jun 14 04:02:29 JST 2017

In message <20170613144409.04f333c533d63ca8c8f0477a at lucassen.org>

> On Tue, 13 Jun 2017 11:03:44 +0200
> Rien Mertens <rien at mertensmaatwerk.nl> wrote:

>> after trying to get my mail I got this in the log:
>>
>> ** Sylpheed-WARNING: Couldn't execute curl
>> ** Sylpheed-WARNING: g_spawn_async_with_pipes: Uitvoeren van
>> dochterproces curl‘ is mislukt (Bestand of map bestaat niet)
>> ** LibSylph-CRITICAL: folder_item_get_uncached_msg_list: assertion
>> 'item != NULL' failed
>>
>> What might cause this?

> I don't think most people understand dutch error messages ;-)

I had to choose Dutch during install time, allthough I don't recognise
the 'dutch' it produces very much ;-)

> I think you miss the curl program on your machine (which is quite weird, I'd
> say)

> Try to start curl in an xterm, you should get something like this:

> $ curl
> curl: try 'curl --help' or 'curl --manual' for more information

> apt-get install curl

I used the package manager to see if it installs it correctly; it
seems it succeeded to do so.

It was not installed on my Debian xxx
I don't know how to see what version I have...

> If you're on a Debian or Debian-ish system.

> R.

Thanks for the hint!

Rien Mertens                    rien at mertensmaatwerk.nl
Mertens Maatwerk
Tweeberg 1 A 5246XL Rosmalen    KvKnmr: 50305980
+31 (0)73 6415517               BTWnmr: NL093370374B01