[sylpheed:36575] Re: new installed sylpheed 3.5.0beta1 (Build 1161) does not download mail?

Tue Jun 13 21:44:09 JST 2017

On Tue, 13 Jun 2017 11:03:44 +0200
Rien Mertens <rien at mertensmaatwerk.nl> wrote:

> after trying to get my mail I got this in the log:
>
> ** Sylpheed-WARNING: Couldn't execute curl
> ** Sylpheed-WARNING: g_spawn_async_with_pipes: Uitvoeren van
> dochterproces ‘curl’ is mislukt (Bestand of map bestaat niet)
> ** LibSylph-CRITICAL: folder_item_get_uncached_msg_list: assertion
> 'item != NULL' failed
>
> What might cause this?

I don't think most people understand dutch error messages ;-) I think
you miss the curl program on your machine (which is quite weird, I'd
say)

Try to start curl in an xterm, you should get something like this:

$ curl
curl: try 'curl --help' or 'curl --manual' for more information

apt-get install curl

If you're on a Debian or Debian-ish system.

R.

--
richard lucassen
http://contact.xaq.nl/