[sylpheed:36598] Re: Gmail and sent messages

Rien Mertens rien at mertensmaatwerk.nl
Fri Jul 14 05:47:03 JST 2017

On Thu, 13 Jul 2017 17:12:21 +0200
Javier <sylfiger at gmx.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Jul 2017 11:18:45 +0300
> Андрей <7ber at rambler.ru> wrote:
>
> > How to stop puts sent messages in Sent Mail folder if The Gmail
> > IMAP server  already puts sent messages in Sent Mail by itself?
> > Best regards, Mikhail
>
> Hi,
>
> this is not a Sylpheed issue.
>
> You can't stop Gmail doing that. That is the answer I found when I
> searched a few months back.
>
> It is the same behavior Microsoft/Live/Hotmail/Outlook has
> implemented as well a few months back too.
>
> They do backup of every mail that passes through their SMTP server to
> the sent folder.

So?
If thats true, and the only reason (not unlikely) than that is also the answer how to avoid this to happen.
Just use the SMTP server from your own internet provider, instead of the one from Gmail, and Gmail won't know about you sending a message,
if the send mail copy is stored local in a not by imap shared map?

--
Rien Mertens <rien at mertensmaatwerk.nl>
Mertens Maatwerk