[sylpheed:36503] Re: IMAP folders created in Sylpheed don't show up in webmail

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Fri Feb 3 19:00:07 JST 2017

Hello,

On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 19:24:44 +0000
Caleb Malchik <cmalchik at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've noticed that when I create an IMAP folder in Sylpheed, it does
> not show up in webmail and is not propagated to other mail clients
> (i.e. Claws). On the other hand, if I do the same thing in Claws Mail,
> the folder shows up in webmail and also shows up in Sylpheed after I
> rebuild the folder tree.
>
> Based on the network logs from Claws and Sylpheed, it seems like the
> only difference is that Claws issues a SUBSCRIBE command. Anyone have
> suggestions for things to try? Would it be possible to manually force
> Sylpheed to issue a SUBSCRIBE command?

Sylpheed currently doesn't support SUBSCRIBE command.

I had assumed that newly created folders were always subscribed automatically,
but it was wrong.

It's okay to modify Sylpheed to add SUBSCRIBE command right after
every CREATE command (if it doesn't break anything).

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>