[sylpheed:36656] Re: Where Are Folder Properties Stored?

Craig freecycle01 at pisquared.net
Sun Dec 24 14:07:32 JST 2017

On Sat, 23 Dec 2017 23:11:28 +0300 Anton Shepelev <anton.txt at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Craig:
>
> > I  have the Compose Account property set on a num-
> > ber of my folders and, in  transferring  my  email
> > structure  from Linux to Win 7, I looked for where
> > that information might be stored,  but  could  not
> > find it.
> >
> > Does anyone have any idea where it might be?
>
> To the others' answers I should like to add that the
> configuration directory  may  be  specified  in  two
> ways:
>
>   1.  via the configdir parameter in sylpheed.ini
>   2.  via the --configdir command-line option.
>
> I hate the deeply nested directories used by default
> and always store my mail and Sylpheed settings in  a
> more sensible location.

Windows is like that; Linux not so much.

I needed the help because I needed to take a laptop with only Windows on
it when we went on vacation. I figured out how to do it, but have since
forgotten how.

I have since learned how to have a desktop manager in Linux that looks
like Gnome 2 (Mate) and have installed CentOS 7 on the laptop so it's
dual boot. I despise Gnome 3.

Craig