[sylpheed:36476] Outlook/Microsoft/Hotmail IMAP issue for new mails

Javier sylfiger at gmx.com
Sun Jul 10 00:59:29 JST 2016

Hi,

Since Microsoft decided to migrate its mail platform looks like
nothing works as should. IMAP among them.

Now, they are not sending UNSEEN count for STATUS command when there
are already unseen and new messages.

Looks like what they do is send only the RECENT response as the mail
count for new mails and Sylpheed can't show the new messages.

Or, in other words, as UNSEEN is 0, the folder doesn't get bolded and
doesn't show the new mail count.

Actual example:

IMAP4> 4 STATUS Inbox (MESSAGES RECENT UIDNEXT UIDVALIDITY UNSEEN)
IMAP4< * STATUS Inbox (MESSAGES 233 RECENT 1 UIDNEXT 738 UIDVALIDITY 14 UNSEEN 0)

And I wouldn't lie if I was like 2 weeks thinking there weren't new
messages.

Is just Microsoft doing things reversed, or is Sylpheed
misinterpretation?

The thing is that among my IMAP accounts, some servers use correctly
the RECENT and UNSEEN responses, and others don't. I guess Sylpheed
does the correct thing looking at UNSEEN, anyway.

Can we do something about this Microsoft mess?

Can anyone else with MS accounts tests it? Any workaround?

I'm using Version 3.4.3 (Build 1160) under Windows 2000 (can't run
the latest).

Regards,
Thanks.