[sylpheed:36403] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Sylpheed 3.5rc2 released

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Mon Jan 4 15:17:52 JST 2016

Hello,

On Mon, 28 Dec 2015 13:26:54 -0700
Gene Goldenfeld <genegold at fastmail.com> wrote:

> > I'm finding the Win32 patch to 3.5.0 is destructive. The program
> > sometimes hangs in checking mail, sometimes not, but whether it does
> > or not all it takes is one click anywhere in the window and it turns
> > black and stays that way (not responding). Fortunately, I keep a
> > complete files backup of the operating program, because even a System
> > Restore doesn't bring everything back correctly (font appearance
> > changes, even though it still shows as the same setting in Common
> > Prefs
> > > Display).
>
> I copied in the win32 zip version and it is working ok, assuming the
> build number is 1169.

I've checked the patch sylpheed-3.5rc2-win32-patch.zip with the
following procedure, and didn't find any problem (on Windows 7).

1. Extract sylpheed-3.5beta3-win32.zip or sylpheed-3.5rc-win32.zip
2. Run Sylpheed and do any operation
3. Quit Sylpheed
4. Overwrite 1. with the contents of sylpheed-3.5rc2-win32-patch.zip
5. Run Sylpheed and do any operation

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>