[sylpheed:36368] Re: encryption question

mclien frank at mclien.de
Tue Oct 20 05:53:15 JST 2015

On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 18:17:34 +0200
Oliver Meißner <lists.o at la-familia-grande.de> wrote:

> All this work ist done by gpg. Sylpheed just asks gpg to do all the
> encryption-stuff. So there's no need to save public keys in sylpheeds
> address book. It's saved in the gpg keyring and sylpheed itself doesnt
> care about it.
Yes, it might be a gpg question.
What I ment was this:
gpg can get one key (or more) if given as key ID/fingerprint and import it. The problem is that this:
a)is tedious
b)doable if you actually have the key ID/fingerprint. If you only have the email address it won't work (or I don't know the gpg magic here). Enigmail is able to just import a key by known emailaddresses (to my knowledge at least)

I know that sylpheed uses the gpg keyring. At the moment I have to ask any contact for their key ID, which makes the public key severs a bit less usefull.

--
mclien<frank at mclien.de>
gpg-key: D68E3EA2