[sylpheed:36293] Re: A performance problem (rant).

John john at neodoc.biz
Sun Mar 22 01:18:36 JST 2015

On Sat, 21 Mar 2015 15:51:46 +0200
John Found wrote:

> Hm, should I try to compile Sylpheed from source? Is v3.4.1 (which
> I use) much slower than v3.4.2? Or there are some tricks with the
> compiling options?

There are not 'tricks' involved here.

Look at the 'Display'(?) tab just above the right-hand message
summary pane. Change the setting from 'ALL' to something else. I Use
"Last 7 days"

It stands to reason that if you force any program to rebuild it's
cache each time it will be slow.

I run Sylpheed on a Pentium 4 with 1GB of ram. Opening my largest
mailbox, total messages 42361 displayed - 6 -7 seconds. changing
that display option - unmeasureable, instantly available.

Cheers

John