[sylpheed:36286] A performance problem (rant).

John Found johnfound at asm32.info
Sat Mar 21 16:39:00 JST 2015

I am using Sylpheed for my e-mail handling, but have a problem with the performance.

On the folders with many e-mails, the performance is very poor.

For example, in order to open a folder with 15000 e-mails, sylpheed needs 5..6 seconds.
Even more it needs to switch between "thread" and "list" views.

For me 15000 items in a list is actually not so big amount to excuse so big time for
processing. Come on, we have gigahertz computers after all!

I have several such folders, because I am following several active mailing lists.

I am using Sylpheed v3.4.1 on Linux Mint system.

Are there some plans to improve the performance of this great[1] program?

Best Regards
John Found

[1] Great as user interface and common behaviour. Not as performance, unfortunately.

--
http://fresh.flatassembler.net
http://asm32.info