[sylpheed:36285] Re: Unread messages are not displayed until I enter the folder

Sat Mar 21 08:29:12 JST 2015

On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 11:33:15 +0300
Anton Shepelev <anton.txt at gmail.com> wrote:

> A strange thing has happened to my installation of Sylpheed
> 3.5.0beta2 today.  When I run Sylpheed, it does not display
> unread messages in the Folder view until I enter a folder.

Since a few weeks or months (Debian Testing, 3.5.0beta1) I've got a
similar thing: Sylpheed regularly displays 0 messages in a folder or,
when sending mail,  says something like "mail sent correctly but cannot
be saved to outbox". This happens quite often after a resume of the
laptop (suspend mode), but also during the day. Even a restart of
Sylpheed does not make any difference. Changing to another (IMAP) folder
sometimes resolves the problem for some time.

I did not track this phenomena, but I would not be surprised if this
problem was introduced in 3.5.0beta1.

Any thoughts on this Hiroyuki?

R.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak
aloud and remove all doubt.