[sylpheed:36312] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Sylpheed 3.5beta3 released

Ricardo Mones mones at debian.org
Fri Jul 17 19:59:20 JST 2015

Hello Hiroyuki,

On Mon, Jul 06, 2015 at 07:49:09PM +0900, Hiroyuki Yamamoto wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sylpheed 3.5beta3 (development version) has been released.
>
> http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/en/news.html
> http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/en/download.html#development

I somehow tried to ask you a year ago¹ about (my) current practices for
Sylpheed's Debian packages, but since I got no response and new versions
were released, I have to ask again:

Is it OK to continue current practice of uploading Sylpheed betas to
Debian unstable, which may end in Debian stable if a Debian release
happens in between?

Or would you prefer to change this and upload only Sylpheed stable
releases to Debian unstable and be sure these are always on Debian
stable releases?

Development versions would have to be uploaded to experimental, which
has less exposure to users, hence more bugs could slip unnoticed.

Thoughts?

best regards and congrats for the release!

¹ http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/redmine/issues/202#note-12
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~