[sylpheed:36387] Re: A list of Sylpheed issues, with request for comment

yuuri yd-syy at gurukun.info
Fri Dec 18 07:31:31 JST 2015

Hi Gene,

thanks for the comments... let me get back on two points:

On Thu, 17 Dec 2015 15:14:24 -0700
Gene Goldenfeld <genegold at fastmail.com> wrote:
> #3: From addresses are tied to accounts you can send from set up in
> #Create/Edit Accounts, so why would you want to edit a From address,
> other than changing it via the drop down?

I have been using more addresses than accounts from the time my first ISP made that possible - 20 years ago. I could well be the inventor of the "throaway address". ;-)
Using multiple addresses I have never needed to use spam filters - should one of my addresses get spammed, I simply blackhole it on the server and issue a new address for whatever purpose the old address was used...

> > 6 (important to me):
> > The Re-Edit function is greyed out [...]
>
> Really? Here it's a matter of highlighting a message in the Sent
> folder, opening the context menu (right click) and choosing Re-edit.

User issue. :-) Fixed...!

Thanks!

Yuuri