[sylpheed:36333] Debian updates (was: Re: Sylpheed in Fedora 22)

Ricardo Mones mones at debian.org
Fri Aug 21 16:39:23 JST 2015

On Thu, 20 Aug 2015 20:58:40 -0400
edwardp at post.com wrote:

> Having come over from Debian, my own experience using that, was that
> I would not see packages updated with that distro, unless there was a
> security issue being fixed.

That's not true, as a simple look to the changelog would have shown.

> I don't recall Sylpheed being updated at all on Debian Wheezy (7)
> from its initial release until Debian 8 was released.

Packages are not updated to new versions on stable release, that's done
through backports, and I don't recall seeing neither your offer for
making one nor even your request for somebody to make one.

regards,
--
 Ricardo Mones
 http://people.debian.org/~mones