[sylpheed:36316] Re: Change outgoing message From address

Siard shiems146 at kpnplanet.nl
Sat Aug 8 03:34:32 JST 2015

On Fri, 7 Aug 2015 15:39:36 +0200 dilos wrote:
> multiple usernames resolve to the same account. I'm grepping the from
> addresses for this out of the mail files.

What I'm doing is this:

I create an account and a folder for each username.
The 'From' address is entered into Configuration > Edit accounts >
tab 'Basic' > select account > Edit > Personal information.

I set the filter so that each message is sent to the folder where it
belongs.

You can set a folder to use the right account, and hence, to use the
right 'From'-address when replying from within a folder:
right-click on folder > Properties > tab 'Compose' > set account.

But there is a second method, where a separate folder for each account
is not needed. When replying, in the Compose window, next to 'From' you
can change the used account, and hence, the 'From'-address.