[sylpheed:36176] Re: Proper way to migrate from WinXP to Linux?

Craig freecycle01 at pisquared.net
Sun Sep 21 08:59:34 JST 2014

On Sat, 20 Sep 2014 16:56:53 +0200 uhel at gmx.net wrote:

> I looked at the website but havn't found anything about that topic, so
> what is the proper way to migrate an existing Sylpheed installation
> from WinXP to Linux (Mint in my case)?
>
> I already copied the sylpheed directory to my linux PC and gave it a
> shot. Everything seems to be there until I looked at the folders which
> where all empty.
> I also wonder if there is anything else I need to check/change/be aware
> of? Any hints are welcome.

I would set up Sylpheed on the Linux system from scratch, using the
windows Sylpheed presents. Once that is done, note where the top
directory of the email is located (most likely ~/Mail).

Remove that directory and everything under it (cd; rm -r Mail) and copy
your email structure to that location.

Then, right click on "Mailbox (MH)", pull down to "Rebuild folder tree",
and then release your mouse. As far as I know, your emails should now
show up.

BTW, Sylpheed keeps its configuration files on Linux in ~/.sylpheed-2.0.

Craig