[sylpheed:36039] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Sylpheed 3.4rc released

Fabian bsdlist at gmx.net
Mon Mar 31 16:32:16 JST 2014

Hello Hiroyuki, list,

I just upgraded to 3.4.0rc from 3.4.0beta7.

First of all the "PGP encrypt-to-self" feature works well, I don't need
to specify "encrypt-to XXX" in gpg.conf any more.

However, I think there is something wrong here. When I sign and encrypt
an email I first get a pop-up window to select the recipient's key,
which is fine. But after that I get another window to select the
encryption key (it says 'Select a key for ""') and click the 'select'
button. This is different to what it was before and in my opinion an
unnecessary step. I'm using the option "Encrypt to default GnuPG key"
and it should simply select the default key. It even waits for
confirmation if I manually specify the keyID of the encryption key in
the options. Afterwards I get the window to type the pass phrase in as
usual.

Is this a side-effect from the "encrypt-to-self" change, or expected
behaviour?

Thanks.
Fabian