[sylpheed:36036] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Sylpheed 3.4rc released

Javier meresponde2001-sylpheed at yahoo.es
Thu Mar 27 10:31:15 JST 2014

Hi,

Thanks for the new version. Without problems.

But I thought of that line in the logs carried from previous versions:
"* Pango-WARNING: couldn't load font "MS Sans Serif 6.666015625",
falling back to "Sans 6.666015625", expect ugly output."

It's informative, it's harmless, but, if not necessary to debug,
could be removed?

Actually, I have no idea what does it mean :-? I don't have ugly
outputs or any other issue :-? Maybe only happens in Windows 2000.
The thing is that I actually have a MS Sans Serif so... no clue :-?
Maybe the version I have :-?

There is another thing carried from previous versions that I also
didn't tell anything before as it's just cosmetic, as the above, but
now I decided just to leave a note. In any case, it is not important,
even if it can be considered more useful.

The log shows the IMAP connections but, when having several IMAP
accounts, you don't know what log entry belongs to which account.

What do I mean? If you have this in a log you don't know in what
account happens. You know in the moment you are using it, but if you
check the log back later... you don't know:

[TIME] IMAP4< 15 OK Success

What account happened that to?

Maybe a change like this may be more informative:
[TIME] IMAP_ACCOUNT_NAME IMAP4< 15 OK Success

(I intentionally used that line but I know isn't the best to the
example)

That could be used for POP accounts too, of course, but these ones
require a reconnect to contact the server so you ever have the chance
to track back the origin.

As said, these things aren't important. I just leave as notes, maybe
for future versions.

Regards.