[sylpheed:36107] passwords of accounts

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 27 22:47:36 JST 2014

Hello all,

I have used sylpheed for the past 10 years or so. However, one aspect of sylpheed bothers me. When I set up my SMTP send-mail and IMAP/POP3 receive-mail accounts, I am prompted for a password. I can leave it blank but that means that everytime I start a session or send e-mail, I have to type in a password. However, if I store the password, it is stored in clear text in accountrc (and who knows where else) so anyone with access to the accountrc file (and the backup versions) can get hold of the password. Is it possible to store this in encrypted version instead of clear text? I apologize for the naivette of this question but if this feature is not already available then  this would certainly be a very desirable feature for me.

Thanks a lot for a fabulous product! I love sylpheed and would not give it up for any other MTA.