[sylpheed:36077] Re: Temp folder path issue with GnuPG under Windows

Gisle Vanem gvanem at yahoo.no
Thu Jun 5 21:10:34 JST 2014

"Javier" <meresponde2001-sylpheed at yahoo.es> wrote:

> Sometimes I use RAMDisk and I set the Windows %temp% and %tmp%
> variables to that RAMDisk. And, also, sometimes, I forget to undo de
> change.
>
> When this happens %temp% and %tmp% point nowhere. Usually this is not
> a big deal for most applications but I found it is for Sylpheed in an
> strange way.

Yes indeed. Seems this is caused by Sylpheed and/or Glib doesn't use
'GetTempPath()' as it IMHO should. I guess it also depends on your Glib version
(haven't checked). When TMP/TEMP are undefined, 'GetTempPath()' will
fallback to %USERPROFILE%.  Ref:
  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa364992(v=vs.85).aspx

What happens if %USERPROFILE% is undefined, I don't know.

--gv