[sylpheed:36129] Re: Duplicate Inbox Folder

Hiroyuki Yamamoto hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp
Fri Jul 11 10:27:48 JST 2014

Hello,

On Thu, 10 Jul 2014 10:32:09 +0200
Martin Vegter <martin.vegter at aol.com> wrote:

> > That happened to me too with Yahoo.
> >
> > You only need to set the inbox folder (the blue with normal folder
> > icon) to inbox type folder. Right clic over it and set it in
> > properties.
>
> I have changed the type of the blue folder to "inbox" and automatically
> the type of the second was changed to "normal". But still, I cannot
> remove the folder which is now set to normal. Both folders still show
> the same contents of inbox.
>
> On my IMAP server, no folder "INBOX" exists. There is only the correct
> folder "Inbox". So I am not sure where it came from.
>
> Is there a way to get rid of this second INBOX ?
>

> > In some ways, this "bug" is similar as what I reported with
> > Hotmail/Outlook. There, it creates a new Trash folder. Here, it
> > doesn't "append" to the servers inbox to set as inbox.
> >
> > It won't be better to made this manually and let users set what is
> > each folder, but sometimes, as seen, let Sylpheed do automatically
> > creates this kind of weird behavior or problems.

Probably the IMAP INBOX case sensitivity problem has been fixed at r3191
and Sylpheed 3.3.1/3.4.0beta1.

2013-01-22

        * libsylph/imap.c: made "INBOX" case insensitive (follow RFC 3501).

http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/redmine/projects/sylpheed/repository/diff?utf8=%E2%9C%93&rev=3191&rev_to=3190

If you created an account before those versions, probably you should recreate
the account or modify ~/.sylpheed-2.0/folderlist.xml by hand.

--
Hiroyuki Yamamoto <hiro-y at kcn.ne.jp>