[sylpheed:36119] Re: Configuring dev environment

Antonio Ospite ao2 at ao2.it
Fri Jul 4 18:29:59 JST 2014

On Thu, 03 Jul 2014 22:32:56 +0200
Marco Bresciani <marcobresciani_1974 at libero.it> wrote:

> Hi all,

Hi Marco,

>    as I wrote before, I thought about starting a new plugin for Sylpheed, to
> support WWWJDic in a way something similar to rikaichan plugin for Firefox (or
> rikaikun for Chrome).
>
> Anyway: I'm completely newbie with respect to Linux programming and I think I
> need a bit of help to configure the whole thing.
>    I've installed gcc, g++ and all related things (build-essentials, ...)
> together with GTK+ 2.0.
>
> I'm working on a Trisquel GNU/Linux "Mini" (LXDE) environment and I've also
> installed Anjuta IDE and DevHelp packages and so on.

Trisquel is Debian based so in order to get all the stuff needed to
build sylpheed from source you can just use:

	sudo apt-get build-dep sylpheed

> Than, I've proceeded by installing all Sylpheed-related packages. Let me list
> them: sylph-searcher, sylpheed, sylpheed-doc, sylpeed-i18n and
> sylpheed-plugins. Then I've also installed libsylph-dev and libsylph1.
>    Looking at the plugin specifications I was searching for the plugin/test
> folder to try the building procedure of the demo/test plugin.
>    But there was nothing. Specifically, in the sylpheed-plugins package I have
> these files (listed by synaptic):
>
> /usr/lib/sylpheed/plugins/attachment_tool.so
>
> but nothing more in the plugins folder and in all the files associated to the
> above packages there is no test.c or demo.c or whatever.

To get the plugin examples you need to get the source code, the
deb packages only provide the compiled binaries.

In order to get the source of a deb package you can use something like:

	sudo apt-get source sylpheed

But maybe it's better if you use the upstream source repository like
explained in http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/en/svn.html; there is a
page about plugins too http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/en/plugin.html

Ciao ciao,
   Antonio