[sylpheed:36118] Configuring dev environment

Marco Bresciani marcobresciani_1974 at libero.it
Fri Jul 4 05:32:56 JST 2014

Hi all,
   as I wrote before, I thought about starting a new plugin for Sylpheed, to
support WWWJDic in a way something similar to rikaichan plugin for Firefox (or
rikaikun for Chrome).

Anyway: I'm completely newbie with respect to Linux programming and I think I
need a bit of help to configure the whole thing.
   I've installed gcc, g++ and all related things (build-essentials, ...)
together with GTK+ 2.0.

I'm working on a Trisquel GNU/Linux "Mini" (LXDE) environment and I've also
installed Anjuta IDE and DevHelp packages and so on.

Than, I've proceeded by installing all Sylpheed-related packages. Let me list
them: sylph-searcher, sylpheed, sylpheed-doc, sylpeed-i18n and
sylpheed-plugins. Then I've also installed libsylph-dev and libsylph1.
   Looking at the plugin specifications I was searching for the plugin/test
folder to try the building procedure of the demo/test plugin.
   But there was nothing. Specifically, in the sylpheed-plugins package I have
these files (listed by synaptic):

/usr/lib/sylpheed/plugins/attachment_tool.so

but nothing more in the plugins folder and in all the files associated to the
above packages there is no test.c or demo.c or whatever.

I am surely missing something... but, as I told, I'm a complete newbie with
respect to programming in Linux environment (programming too many years in
Windows environment, with Java, frozed my mind...). :)

Any help? Suggestions? Hints?

Thank you,

Marco