[sylpheed:35993] setting up imap in sylpheed 3.4.0beta7

Franklin McCormick beacon at videotron.ca
Fri Feb 14 00:02:32 JST 2014

Been trying to setup IMAP in Sylpheed  without much success.
I have created two IMAP accounts which work - gmail and fastmail but
it seems no matter which options I choose for my local provider,
videotron.ca, they don't work.

I have been using Thunderbird which handles IMAP without major
problems. I'd like to return to Sylpheed but this imap problem
is a show-stopper for me.

Logging onto my providers website for help doesn't help :)
Their help is directed at Windows and Mac with nary a mention of
Linux.

I am running Debian Sid if that makes any difference.

Any and all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks