[sylpheed:35975] Suggestion: aliases for newgroups

Dennis New dennisn at dennisn.dyndns.org
Sat Feb 1 23:01:16 JST 2014

Currently I have a long list of newsgroups in sylpheed, with not much
width space, and the list is difficult to read, since it appears as a
wall of text where most of the letters aren't very informative.

For example, although many entries aren't too bad:

   g.c.v.mplayer.user

which is short for gmane.comp.video.mplayer.user, most of those letters
aren't useful to me. I'd prefer to have it renamed "mplayer".

I know there is a Display setting in Common Preferences to change the
length at which these are abbreviated, to avoid things like:

   g.l.k.w.general

But there is no ideal value (if I make it longer to expand the above
example, other newsgroups with shorter names won't be visible without
scrolling (their significant last portions)). Whereas renaming the
above to "kernel-wireless" would be wonderful :).