[sylpheed:35970] Re: sylpheed: Off Topic - GPS unit

cgw993 at aol.com cgw993 at aol.com
Sat Feb 1 04:09:56 JST 2014

Thank, I never even knew about the Arduino.   That look promising for alot
of projects.  A small used notebook might be easier for me though

-It has a large screen compared to a handheld GPS like the tomtom
-It hopefully has a USB port in order to plug in a GPS receiver
-It can run on Linux. Openstreetmap can be installed
-Hopefully Linux on the laptop can detect and work with some GPS receiver. I
have went intended for Windows, but maybe it will work on Linux too

Once that is done, hopefully this improves reliability, eliminates the
intrusive violation of privacy and advertising on most GPS devices, has an
easier to read screen although there will not be the convenience of a touch
screen.

I am suprised there doesnt seem to exist a handheld automotive gps unit that
runs free software and stores it's own map