[sylpheed:35969] Re: sylpheed: Off Topic - GPS unit

Craig freecycle01 at pisquared.net
Sat Feb 1 02:18:00 JST 2014

On Fri, 31 Jan 2014 09:00:29 -0800 <cgw993 at aol.com> wrote:

> A mini laptop or notebook might work if I can get one cheap enough on
> craigslist or someplace

You can get a GPS logger shield (plug-in board) for an Arduino.

From
http://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-ultimate-gps-logger-shield?view=all

	Brand new and better than ever, we've replaced our Adafruit GPS
	shield kit with this assembled shield that comes with an Ultimate
	GPS module. This GPS shield works great with either UNO or
	Leonardo Arduinos and is designed to log data to an SD card. Or
	you can leave the SD card out and use the GPS for a geocaching
	project, or maybe a music player that changes tunes depending on
	where you are in the city.

Perhaps that could provide coordinates to a laptop and mapping software
on the laptop could show you where you are. Perhaps the laptop could be
replaced with a small notepad or something else.

Craig