[sylpheed:36045] GnuPG error message..

Peter Withey pete at pwithey.co.uk
Fri Apr 11 21:25:40 JST 2014

Windows 8.1 pro and Sylpheed 3.4.1

When I open sylpheed I always get the error message

"GnuPG is not installed properly, or its version is too old.
OpenPGP support disabled"

The link shown in the "readme" file

"If you want to enable PGP features, you have to install GnuPG
( http://www.gnupg.org/(en)/download/index.html#auto-ref-1 )."

doesn't work for me. I get the "404 not found" error'

So I downloaded and installed it from:

http://www.gpg4win.org/download.html

after which I still get the error message.

I realise I can stop the message appearing by ticking "don't show
again" or in "common preferences > privacy" but why does it still
appear when the latest version of GnuPG is installed?

What am I missing? TIA
--
Peter Withey
Morden