[sylpheed:35793] Re: Sylpheed

Steve O'Hara-Smith steve at sohara.org
Thu Sep 5 17:53:42 JST 2013

On Wed, 4 Sep 2013 09:51:38 -0600
Craig <freecycle01 at pisquared.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 3 Sep 2013 21:51:47 -0700 "cgw993 at aol.com" <cgw993 at aol.com> wrote:
>
> > > I am using Linux. I use the editor vi.
> >
> > That is what vi and Emacs are for, now it is starting to make a little
> > more sense.  Any reason why you prefer vi over Emacs?
>
> I learned vi in 1983, before Emacs came out. It was second-nature to me

	You might be surprised to learn that Emacs goes back to the 1970s in
it's original incarnation as the Editing MACroS for TECO. The first version
dates from 1976, the same year Bill Joy wrote the original vi. Stallman's
GNU Emacs rewrite dates from 1985 though which is probably the one you're
thinking of.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve at sohara.org>