[sylpheed:35624] Sylpheed Thread View and Summary Cache Problem

Fabian bsdlist at gmx.net
Thu Mar 21 05:17:23 JST 2013

Hey,

first of all, thanks for Sylpheed, I've been using it for some time now
and I really like it.

I just found a problem with the "Thread view" of emails in my local
mailboxes (MH). Short version: thread view does not work automatically
for new emails arriving in my inbox. After I update the summary cache
manually by clicking on "Update summary" for the corresponding mailbox
are the emails displayed properly in the thread view.

For a more detailed version see:
http://masselos.org/writings/sylpheed_thread_view_scache.html

I tried this with Sylpheed 3.3.0, 3.4.0beta2 and the latest svn version
(revision 3234) on Ubuntu Linux 12.04 using GTK+ 2.24.10.

I suspect that there is a bug in the decision "cache_dirty" true or
false. But maybe I'm missing something obvious here.

Any help is appreciated.
Fabian