[sylpheed:35672] sylpheed 3.4.0beta4, ubuntu 13.04LTS and SSL

Peter Withey pete at pwithey.co.uk
Tue Jun 18 21:15:32 JST 2013

I'm using sylpheed 3.4.0beta4 on two systems one running
Windows 8, one running Ubuntu 13.04LTS

Win 8, under "account preferences" there is a "SSL" tab
and on the "new account setup" page there are four options
two of which are pop3(gmail) and IMAP4(gmail) but under

ubuntu 13.04LTS the "SSL" tab and the (pop3(gmail) and
IMAP4(gmail) options are missing.

How do I configure gmail on ubuntu?

I hope this is not a faq, I've tried searching for an answer
without luck. If it is perhaps somebody can provide a link.

Many thanks,

Pete

--
Peter Withey <pete at pwithey.co.uk>