[sylpheed:35675] CardDav support for sylpheed?

Ingo Strauch brack at the-one-brack.org
Tue Jul 2 02:58:51 JST 2013

Hi there,

I've found this ticket requesting support for CardDAV and CalDAV:
http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/redmine/issues/80

Recently I started using ownCloud to consolidate all my electronic and
analogue calendar and contact data. So I would support the request for
a CardDAV integration. CalDAV is not so important IMHO.

Does this feature have a chance to be implemented?

And in the meanwhile: does someone have an idea what's the easiest way
for a one-way "sync"? Like exporting from ownCloud and importing in a
Sylpheed address book on a regular basis? This sounds like something
one would automate with a script. If there is already something I'd be
happy to use/improve that. I just want to avoid starting from scratch
in case other users already did a similar thing.

Feedback and suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
Ingo

--
"What're quantum mechanics?"
"I don't know. People who repair quantums I suppose."