[sylpheed:35531] Re: Problem displaying accents

nomnex nomnex at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 11:20:59 JST 2013

> On Tue, 15 Jan 2013 22:41:08 +0400
> Anton Shepelev <anton.txt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> As I understand, your only problem is the ASCII cod-

two problems.

> ing  of non-ASCII characters is message source files
> (.eml).  But this is correct and connot be  changed.
> Sylpheed  and  your  browser  know  how to interpret
> those characters, while their underlying representa-
> tion remains ASCII.  You'll have to use some proces-
> sor to convert sources to plain text unicode, but  I
> can't suggest a one.

It makes sens now. Thank you for the clarification.

Problem two is some particular messages, from a French correspondent,
never display the letters with accents correctly (random character
replacement). His email client does not support Unicode encoding (it is
old). I receive his messages:

When I have a chance, I will ask him for a message test, and past it
along this thread. Maybe one could tell looking at the source?

Again thank you for the explanation about non-ASCII characters in
message source files (.eml).

--nomnex

--
nomnex <nomnex at gmail.com>