[sylpheed:35925] Re: Canceling newsgroup messages

Anton Shepelev anton.txt at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 02:06:07 JST 2013

Siard:

> As  far  as  I  can see, Sylpheed has no option to
> cancel a newsgroup message once it has been sent.
>
> But is there a way,  by  commandline  perhaps,  to
> cancel a message that has been sent with Sylpheed?

Yes.   You can fill the Control: header as described
here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Control_message#cancel

No need for a special Subject: .   In  Sylpheed  one
can do this via:

     Account preferences (for NNTP) -> Send ->
     Add user-defined header

Normal  newsreaders can issue cancel requests at the
strike of a key.

Note that not all servers respect  Cancel  requests,
although  AIOE  and ES do.  For more details, see my
topic "Cancelling a message" on

             eternal-september.support