[sylpheed:35912] Re: Add-On: OpenPGP with sylpheed

Javier meresponde2001-sylpheed at yahoo.es
Fri Dec 6 03:36:33 JST 2013

Hi,

Nice, but you need to understand something: Sylpheed doesn't decrypt
inline PGP encrypted messages. It only does when PGP/MIME is used. In
other words, when used OpenPGP recommendations, which defines MIME
signature/encryption.

By the way, there isn't any software called OpenPGP. OpenPGP is the
standard or standards for what I said, as it is told in their
page openpgp.org that can be used by GnuPG or PGP.

In the other hand, my preference is to DON'T use OpenPGP
recommendations, because you never know if the recipient has a MIME
capable mail client.

Ironically, you had a problem with an inline PGP ;-)

Maybe should be included the feature as Thunderbird does with
Enigmail plug-in, allowing to decrypt whether is PGP/MIME or inline
PGP message. Personally, I don't care much as I do all the process
manually (with WinPT or PGP helpers).

If it is not hard, maybe Hiroyuki could think to implement it. It's
another new parser to develop for mail content. Not easy.

Regards.