[sylpheed:35267] Re: Mailto syntax (Opera)

Michael A. Puls II shadow2531 at gmail.com
Fri May 18 16:56:18 JST 2012

On 5/17/2012 12:37 PM, Gene Goldenfeld wrote:
> For Michael and anyone else that has a similar mix to check:
> -http://mc-computing.com/HTML_Examples/MailTo.htm
> -http://www.caldwellsport.com/2012/04/used-demo-ski-deals/  (bottom of
> text)

I checked those out and everything works great when Sylpheed is open or
closed.

However, if Sylpheed is open and I minimize it (and I have 'group
taskbar buttons" set in Win7 at least), when I click on a mailto link in
another program (Opera or Firefox for example), the compose window in
Sylpheed still opens, but it doesn't steal focus (pop up in front) from
the program I'm using. I instead have to click on the compose window
taskbar button to focus it. But, I assume that's intentional by Sylpheed.

Is that the problem you're seeing? Or, does clicking the mailto link
really not do anything at all sometimes?

If the latter, the only thing that I think would cause that is a DDE
issue. On Win7 at least though, the dde reg keys and their sub-keys in
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\mailto\shell\open\ddeexec" and
"HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\shell\open\ddeexec" don't have any entries in
them. So, there shouldn't be any DDE problems. (Not even sure if
Sylpheed supports that anyway.)

Besides that, I'm out of ideas why Sylpheed misbehaves for ya.

--
Michael