[sylpheed:35244] Re: Mailto syntax (Opera)

Michael A. Puls II shadow2531 at gmail.com
Thu May 10 13:26:18 JST 2012

On 5/9/2012 11:52 PM, Gene Goldenfeld wrote:
> In fact, now there is both no "mailto" under Classes (registry) and no mailto under Set Defaults.  Any ideas how to fix all this?

I'd download Thunderbird and install it and set it as the default. Also,
for good measure, start Thunderbird and goto "tools -> options ->
advanced -> general" and click "check now".

Thunderbird should make sure all the keys are then. Then, you should
able to reinstall Sylpheed. Then, you should be able to go into "default
programs" and set sylpheed as the default client.

Then, in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\mailto\shell\open\command",
make sure the command is:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Sylpheed\sylpheed.exe" --compose "%1"

Then, make sure to set Opera to use "open with default application".

--
Michael