[sylpheed:35242] Re: Mailto syntax (Opera)

Gene Goldenfeld genegold at fastmail.fm
Thu May 10 12:52:33 JST 2012

Wow!  Thanks for going through it in detail.  Before doing an uninstall/reinstall, I went through your steps to see if any registry mods would solve the problem.  Glad I did.  What I discovered at the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\mailto\DefaultIcon" step was that even though there was a mailto listing under Default Programs > Associate a...Protocol (set to Sylpheed), there was no "mailto" listed under Classes in the registry.  Perhaps that was the source of the problem.

Ok, so I did the reinstall and made sure the mailto protocol box was checked (the mailto protocol reg file was in the Sylpheed folder previously).  But that didn't solve the problem.  In fact, now there is both no "mailto" under Classes (registry) and no mailto under Set Defaults.  Any ideas how to fix all this?

Gene