[sylpheed:35167] Re: unread icon color

Craig freecycle01 at pisquared.net
Mon Mar 12 08:02:42 JST 2012

On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 14:44:43 -0600 Gene Goldenfeld <genegold at fastmail.fm>
wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Mar 2012 13:35:00 -0600
> Craig <freecycle01 at pisquared.net> wrote:
>
> > From my experience, if you are using a POP server, red is email that
> > has been added to the mail box at the last time mail was checked and
> > there was new mail (the mail box could have been checked for mail
> > since the mail with red icons was received, but there was no new
> > email for that mail box).
> >
> > Blue mail is mail that had a red icon before the last batch of new
> > mail was delivered to that mail box. Its icon was changed from red to
> > blue and the latest new email got the red icon(s).
> >
> > I hope that makes sense.
>
> Not to my viewing and I'm not sure why (3.2.0 b6/Win32/POP).  I only
> see bolded red for folders with new messages and bolded black for
> folders and emails that haven't been read or have been manually marked
> as unread.  There is a color label setting under Common Prefs
> (Display), but that seems to be for functional labeling after opening.

You are talking about the folder tree on the left side. I was talking
about the contents of a particular folder shown in the upper right window.

In the folder tree in 3.1.3/Linux, I see bold red if the folder or one of
its sub-folders has a new, unread message (the message itself has a red
icon in its folder contents window). I see bold black if the folder or
one of its sub-folders has an old, unread (or a manually marked as
unread) message.

Craig